Austin is a city of over 700,000 in the Hill Country region of the American state of Texas. It's the capital of Texas and a college town, and also a center of alternative culture away from the major cities on the American coasts, although the city is rapidly gentrifying with its rising popularity. Austin's attitude is commonly emblazoned about town on T-Shirts and bumper stickers that read: "Keep Austin Weird." Austin is also marketed as the "Live Music Capital of the World" due to the large number of venues.
* University of Texas at Austin, is a beautiful stroll. While there you might want to visit the Blanton Art Museum, The Harry Ransom Center , or Texas Memorial Museum of Science and History . The famous tower has reopened and is worth a look for the breathtaking views and history lesson.
* LBJ Presidential Library, always seems to have something interesting on display. They change their exhibits fairly frequently.
* The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. M-Sa 9AM-6PM, Su Noon-6PM.
* The Texas State Capitol, is a must-see for new visitors to Austin.
* Austin Bats. Austin's Congress Avenue bridge is home to about 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats.
* Town Lake Boat Rental Rent a canoe or kayak and enjoy the natural world in the heart of the city.
- Austin Rowing Dock, 2418 Stratford Drive.
- Zilker Park boat rentals.
Please visit web site for other videos. Few pictures of the event/place: