Filmfest DC - for people who love movies!
AMC Mazza Gallerie, 5300 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC.
* Opening Night Movie - Hipsters, Valery Todorovsky, Russia, 2008, 115 minutes, color.
The 24th Annual Washington, DC International Film Festival (Filmfest DC) commences April 15 and continues through April 25, bringing the best in new international cinema to the nation""s capital. Filmfest DC features over 80 films from around the world including World Premieres, DC Premieres, Official Foreign Language Film Oscar Selections and international headliners and award winners. The festival also boasts over 20 international guests set to present and discuss their films including well-known directors and producers.
For 2010, Filmfest DC has two regional areas of focus: Bel Cinema!, a selection of new Italian films; and The New Romanian Wave, a program of cutting edge work from one of the hottest spots on the international cinema scene.
Filmfest DC and Master of Ceremonies, the multi-Emmy® Award winner and beloved WJLA entertainment reporter, Arch Campbell, will host the Opening Night screening of the Niki®-award winning Russian film HIPSTERS, from director Valery Todorovsky. A reception in the Gallerie with live music, dancing, food and Champagne follows the screening.
As their Closing Night feature, Filmfest DC presents the Washington, DC premiere of Germany""s award-winning comedy from director Fatih Akin (THE EDGE OF HEAVEN) and Venice Film Festival favorite, SOUL KITCHEN, on Sunday, April 25, 4:00 PM at Regal Cinema Gallery Place. The screening is followed by a Closing Night Party sponsored by Stella Artois at Bar Louis, also at Gallery Place.
OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROGRAMMING:
WHITE NORTHERN LIGHTS PARTY.
FILMFEST DC FOR KIDS.
LOUISE-MICHEL The Embassy of France.
COOKING WITH STELLA The Embassy of Canada.
MAO""S LAST DANCER at the Avalon.
SOUNDTRACK FOR A REVOLUTION.
BREAKFAST SALON FOR FILMMAKERS.
SUN BEHIND THE CLOUDS: TIBET""S STRUGGLE FOR FREEDOM.
Few of the Filmfest DC guests :
* Director Patxi Amezcua with 25 CARATS (World/Spain).
* Director Miguel Littin with DAWSON ISLAND 10 (Justice/Chile).
* Director Christian Carion with FAREWELL (World/France).
* Producer George Lekovic with HERE AND THERE (World/Serbia).
* Director Bo Landin with LEARNING FROM THE LIGHT (World/USA).
* AMC Mazza Gallerie 5300 Wisconsin Avenue NW.
* Avalon Theatre 5612 Connecticut Avenue, NW.
* Embassy of Canada 501 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.
* Embassy of France 4101 Reservoir Road NW.
* Goethe-Institut Washington.
* Landmark""s E Street Cinema 555 11th Street, NW.
* National Gallery of Art, East Building Auditorium, 4th St. and Constitution Ave., NW.
* Regal Cinemas Gallery Place 701 7th Street, NW.
Few of the great attractions :
* 25 Carats - Directed by Patxi Amezcua - Spain.
* Alamar - Directed by Pedro Gonzalez-Rubio - Mexico.
* Autumn Adagio - Directed by Tsuki Inoue - Japan.
* Beyond Ipanema - Directed by Guto Barra - Brazil, USA.
* El Paso - Directed by Zdenek Tyc - Czech Republic.
* Friends at the Margherita Cafe - Directed by Pupi Avati - Italy.
* The Happiest Girl in the World - Directed by Radu Jude - Romania, Netherlands.
* Heliopolis - Directed by Ahmad Abdalla - Egypt.
* Hipsters - Directed by Valery Todorovsky - Russia.
* The Sun Behind the Clouds: Tibet""s Struggle for Freedom - Directed by Ritu Sarin, Tenzing Sonam - India, UK.
* Will You Marry Us? - Directed by Micha Lewinsky - Switzerland.
Please visit web site for other videos. Few pictures of the event/place: