Shri Mangal Mandir(Washington DC), 17110 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring MD 20905 - May 2nd to May 8th 2010.
"Yoga" is becoming increasingly popular around the world. However, in the name of "yoga" merely asanas, or physical exercises, are being taught. These are no doubt helpful, but without emphasis on the purification of the mind, their effectiveness in curing physical diseases is limited, and mental diseases remain ignored and untouched.
Jagadguru Kripalu Yog incorporates both material and spiritual knowledge for the complete physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual health of humankind. It is based upon the timeless wisdom of the Vedic scriptures. The techniques of Jagadguru Kripalu Yog are not something new; they have been practiced by true yogis in India for centuries.
Jagadguru Kripalu Yog is a unique system of Yoga, with a holistic approach for nourishing the mind, body and soul. It includes 5 ancient Vedic sciencces - Yogasanas, Pranayama, Subtle Body Relaxation, Meditation and Proper Diet. these sciences are taught with focus on meditation and Divine love, for purifying and elevating the mind. They include many esoteric techniques for physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual health, leading to true Yoga, or Union with the Supreme.
Swami Mukundananda is a renowned spiritual teacher from India, and is the senior disciple of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj.
* Yogic exercises are best done on an empty stomach. Please do not eat or drink anything (except water) 3 hours before the Yoga session.
* Participants should refrain from consuming non-vegetarian food and alcoholic drinks during the complete period of the program.
Recommended Dress & Yoga Mat
* Wear loose fitting clothes.
* Suitable clothing for men - kurta pyajama, track suit, T-shirts and track pants.
* Suitable clothing for women - T-shirt/track pants, salwar kameez or a track suit.
* You will need a 3 X 6 mat or blanket about 1/4th thick, on which to sit or lie down comfortably.
These unique Yoga & Meditation programs are designed for holistic treatment of the body, mind and soul.
Please visit web site for other videos. Few pictures of the event/place: