Ottawa is the capital of Canada. The city is situated along the Ontario side of the Ottawa River, opposite Gatineau, Quebec. It is currently the 5th largest city in Canada, and the second largest in Ontario after Toronto.
Unique as a North American capital, the city is bilingual. English is the first language of a majority of the population, but French is the first language of a significant number.
Ottawa is home to many of the world's cultures as thousands of immigrants from around the world now call Ottawa home. The city is probably best known as the nation's capital but has become one of the fastest growing cities in North America owing to the booming high-tech business sector.
Few of the Attractions :
* The Peace Tower, Parliament Hill
* The National War Memorial near Parliament Hill
* Sailing up the Rideau Canal
* Parliament Hill, Canada's house of democracy - the primary attraction for most visitors is Parliament Hill. Tours of the building are available daily with multiple tours (in both official languages) available at staggered times throughout the day.Same-day tickets are free and available on a first-come-first-served basis from 9:00 AM. Pick up your ticket as early as possible to have the best chance of securing a start time that works for you. Tours last from 20 to 60 minutes depending on building activity.
* Parliament Hill Sound & Light Show - the Sound & Light Show is a 30 minute film about Canada.
* Museum of Civilization, across the river in Gatineau.
* National Gallery of Canada.
* Jacques Plante's Goalie Mask on display in the Science and Technology Museum.
* Museum of Civilization - Atrium.
* ByWard Market.
* Ottawa's claim to culinary fame: a classic beavertail with sugar and cinnamon.
* Chateau Laurier (left) and Parliament Hill overlooking the Ottawa River.
* Supreme Court of Canada
* Royal Canadian Mint.
* Canada Aviation Museum.
* Bank of Canada Currency Museum.
* Canada Agriculture Museum.
* Bytown Museum is a small museum at the foot of Parliament Hill
* Rideau Hall is the official residence of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her representative the Governor General of Canada.
* The Ottawa River Parkway a scenic highway towards downtown along the Ottawa River
* The O-Train, Ottawa's light rail train servicing a portion of Ottawa's public transit system
* Ottawa River Cruise
Please visit web site for other videos. Few pictures of the event/place: