Mystic is a village located partly in Groton and partly in Stonington in Connecticut. It is a major tourist destination.
Mystic is a popular tourist destination because of Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium, the touristy shopping downtown, and its maritime heritage. It is home to many marinas, historic ship-captain's homes, galleries, and traditional boats offering day-sails. Mystic is also near Foxwoods Casino.
* Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration, 55 Coogan Blvd.
* Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, 75 Greenmanville Av. The nation's largest maritime museum. A living history museum on 17 acres. Old historic port used in the filming of many movies, including Amistad.
* Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center, 110 Pequot Trail, Ledyard.
* Olde Mistick Village, A fun, outdoor shopping area with food, entertainment, and lots of shopping. With over 60 shops, this is a fun place to go on a family outing if you have nothing to do.
* Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, 109 Pequotsepos Road.
* Mystic Ballet, Inc., 325 Mistuxet Ave.
* Steamboat Sabino at Mystic Seaport, Mystic Seaport, 75 Greenmanville Avenue.
* B.F. Clyde’s Cider Mill, 129 North Stonington Road.
* Argia Mystic Cruises Three sails every day May through October aboard a traditional sailing ship.
* Mystic Whaler Cruises, 35 Water Street, New London, CT.
Please visit web site for other videos. Few pictures of the event/place: